Interior Header Banner

All District 230 Students Must Prove Residency within the District Each Year


In the district’s ongoing efforts to be fiscally responsible, all District 230 students need to show proof of residency within the district boundaries on an annual basis, similar to when students first enrolled at the high school.

This procedure was put into place to protect the financial interest of taxpayers in District 230 by assuring that the students who receive an education in our schools are legally entitled to do so.

For the 2017-18 school year, incoming freshmen will prove residency as part of the registration process in January/February. This proof of residency will satisfy the requirement for all students in their family. A series of dates and times will be held throughout second semester for parents/guardians to provide the necessary documentation for all other students. Those dates are:

  • March 2, 2017 during P/T Conferences (Noon-8 p.m.)
  • March 18, 2017 (8-Noon)
  • April 12, 2017 (8-Noon & 4- 8 p.m.)
  • May 6, 2017 (8-Noon)


All families will need to provide one document from Category I and three documents from Category II.  All of the documents must be presented at one time, partial paperwork will not be accepted.

Category I (one document required)

  • Most recent property tax bill and proof of payment, e.g. canceled check or form 1098 (homeowners)
  • Mortgage papers (new homeowners)
  • Signed and dated lease and proof of last month’s payment, e.g. canceled check or receipts (renters)
  • Letter from manager and proof of last month’s payment, e.g. canceled check or receipt (trailer park residents)
  • Housing letter (military personnel)
  • Letter of residence from landlord in lieu of lease (7:60-E1)
  • Letter of residence to be used when the person seeking to enroll a student is living with a District resident (7:60-E2)

Category II (3 documents showing proper address are required)

  • Driver’s license/state ID card
  • Vehicle registration
  • Voter registration
  • Most recent cable television and/or credit card bill
  • Current public aid card
  • Current homeowners/renters insurance policy and premium payment receipt
  • Most recent gas, electric, and/or water bill
  • Current library card with address listed
  • Receipt for moving van rental
  • Mail received at new residence 

Back to All News

close (X)